Strolling Down Singapore

We just marked another milestone, taking the girls for a quick holiday just the five of us. After a successful series with a help of our parents going to Bali and Kuala Lumpur-Pekanbaru, my husband and I (mostly him, though!), came up with some crazy thought to take triplets and fly to Singapore, the nearest neighboring country, for a challenge and not to mention, new experience for us, mostly.

Turns out it was really fun! Details are below.

Day -7
The girs have been locked in the house , they’re not allowed to go anywhere except for a morning
walk and a super quick bicycle ride in the afternoon. No malls, no parks, no grandparents’ homes. Just to make sure the girls were in a tiptop condition no virus exchange or anything. Also, we started to buy new toys/books/magazines/snacks to keep them sit still during flights. Since it was going to be their first sitting by themselves, good thing we have always used the carseats so they already got used to sit alone. Still, anticipation is key.

Day -1
All packed, my handcarry looks like a huge luggage already with EVERYTHING inside. From diapers, extra clothes, to triple kinds of snacks, beverages, milk bottles, toys, and books. Plus a camera, a makeup pouch, iphone, and a wallet. Aaaand a Macbook. Go figure the weight! The thing about working from home is that you seamlessly get a holiday. But hey, no complains, love my works and their flexibility. My hubby was taking care our travel documents. We managed to take one big luggage for our clothes and two mini strollers.
Everyone was told to sleep early so we could get up fast.

Day 1
Woke up at 3, doing all the house chores, took shower and final preparation. Woke the girls at 4am. Spongebathed them, fed them with baby porridge just to make sure we didn’t leave home with an empty stomach. Everyone was all set as the taxi arrived by 4.45am. Checked in the airport at 5.15 for our 7am flight, quick playground time for the girls which successfully put giggles on their faces this early. Great start.

Good morning from the airport’s playground!

Shortly after, we got into immigration and lounge. First snacking time was all about energy and sugar. Who doesn’t love Milo nugget bites? All two packs were gone in no time. Awesome, everyone was now all awake, a bit sugar-rushed and giddy. We proceeded into the aircraft and guess what, the girls found no difficulties to adjust to their own seats. Bridget and dad sat on the left side, while I, Maddie and Izzie sat on the other side. Maddie quickly explored all the magazines at the seat pocket. She found Frozen pictures and didn’t take her eyes off of them since. While Izzie enjoyed the window seating, looking out the activities outside and Bridget did lots of selfies with her dad. Oh they had another snack time here, too, this time everyone held a pack of strawberry Pocky. Super happy. Izzie quickly fell asleep on my lap for the whole flight. As for Maddie and Bridget, they spent the 2-hour journey by chitchatting and singing as if there were no other passengers around. The power of sugar!


We arrived at 10am in Singapore. Got ourselves a taxi and reached for the hotel with sleeping toddler passengers. Bridget and Maddie got a power nap after skipping one in the plane. Touched down the hotel at almost midday, I asked if the room was ready and out of luck, it actually was. They gave a couple hours of
early checkin instead after seeing us traveling with 3 running kids who were ruining the Christmas trees down the lobby. 😂

Perfect time for lunch as we finally landed in our room. The girls seemed to starve they finished meals in no time while the adults need to wait for a couple more hours to get our dream lunch.



When asked whether they prefered for a nap or to explore the city, all in favor for option two, obviously. So we headed to the nearest Harbourfront MRT station just accros the street next to Vivo City Mall. Our first destination was the country’s landmark, Merlion. We took the nonstop journey despite it was probably quicker if we transit for at another line and platform, but after a super exciting first momentum taking the MRT, the girls dozed off. They spent the first ten minutes asking anything they saw, heard and felt, before finally falling asleep.

Getting used to an afternoon nap, these toddlers stole some time in MRT to doze off.

Gathering strength soon as alighted at Esplanade station.

Rain started to fall soon as we arrived here

First time for triplets to walk in the rain! Yaaay!

Plan B: exploring inside Esplanade since rain got harder. Operation Merlion was a no go.

Ending up in a mall. As much as we tried to avoid malls, the girls didn’t seem to mind at all.

We grabbed dinner at the mall , donuts for the girls, and take-away Subway and Kebabs for grownups.

Nesting back at the hotel. Maddie had another banana cake, while the rest munching on sandwich shortly after taking shower. Despite how tired they were, but they could only sleep at 8pm as usual. Time for me to eat everything I saw.

Day 2
Everyone woke up real late today, at 6.30am! We had a quick breakkie, shower and all set to explore the city by 9.30am. We hopped on the pink train to Sentosa World and planning to spend the day at around Universal Studios. Not inside, just at the neighborhood. They haven’t understood the rides yet and I’m still recovering from my past experience taking that roller-coaster ride which turned my world upside down, literally.

Anyways, we took the mandatory picture in front of the rotating globe.


Mission accomplished!

Taking an Oreo break. Making sure that everyone had lots of water.

Cookie monster Izzie

“Look, it’s a boat!”

A thorough inspection on the candy truck. All clear!

And after taking a quick and full of chasing toddlers around at my most favorite place of sanctuary, Candylicious, we had lunch at Malaysia Street Food. With Nasi Lemak on everyone’s plate and a huge help from hungry little stomach, they finished in no time. Maddie even managed to munch on Canai bread for dessert.




Waiting for the food

Everyone looooooved Garrett!

Snapping pictures of three of them has always been challenging.

We went back to Vivo City Mall afterwards but unfortunately, it was raining hard so no more outdoor activity for the day. Waiting for the rain by shopping for takeaway dinner food, sandwich and pizza were on the list. It was almost 4pm we left the mall under drizzling rain. Since taxi was beyond unbelievable in Singapore that we need to tell the drivers where we headed with a 50-50 chance to be approved or otherwise, with the fact that our hotel was just across the street, we opted for a super sprint run while carrying shopping bags…and oh, three toddlers. Here’s a better image of how we started the day rather than the end of it.


Day 3
Nothing much to do, we spent the whole morning by packing and repacking. I made a quick night tour around the city (read: factory outlet mall) the night before shortly after putting the girls to sleep at 7pm. So there were a few adjustments made since I went back to the hotel with new stuff for the girls only. That’s the thing about having kids, I guess. You hardly think about yourself anymore and always put them on top of all, especially in the shopping department. Besides, the shops were almost closed by the time I reached the mall, though.

Anyways, we checked out from the hotel at 9.30 for our 2pm flight. Made a deal with the taxi driver to make a quick stop for a photograph with Merlion on the background.

Tadaaa the lion was facing another direction 😝

At around 11 we arrived at the airport, checked-in, only to find that the key of the baggage was still attached to its lock…on the baggage. So yeah, an extra time and effort before finally chicken rice for lunch at the terminal’s food court for the girls.

And as expected, the flight has been delayed for an hour so we had time for several more selfies at the airport’s festivities spot.


Maddie and Izzie have passed their chocolate limit for the day and guess what Bridget did to cheer her sisters while waiting for another flight delay. Lucky she doesn’t have that many sweet teeth as they do.

The girls were all set to board the plane. Can you guess which two of these three who pooped just before taking off? Never missed a chance to keep Mommy busy, for sure! Now you know why I hide too many Haribos, Nerds and all those sour jellybeans in my purse. Yup, I eat all of those things to keep me sane energized.

Anyways, our flight back home was pretty much bumpy all the way but the girls managed to sleep and skipped strawberry Pocky this time. Too tired after a half-day playdate at the airport.

All in all, it was a real enjoyable trip. It’s true they say how taking young kids for a holiday is better and easier when they’re older, but we just love the idea of taking our kids to see the world despite the fact they may not understand yet, and honestly, this was so much better than our previous trips since the girls have become more independent and communicative in a language we understand. I had lesser time spent cleaning the bottles, they’re having a great time playing with their siblings and thanks to the itinerary that kept them busy, they looked and felt hungry all the time. Happy day for me!


2 thoughts on “Strolling Down Singapore

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in: Logo

You are commenting using your account. Log Out /  Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )


Connecting to %s